Friday, May 30, 2008

Krag Kiddo

Yes, it's been a while. But, I've been taking care of my little guy and he's a full time deal. And, a fun one at that. Toss in keeping the house clean, cooking, and taking care of my husband... well, you get the picture. :)

Yesterday, I met up with two other moms and babies(18 mo and 2 yrs) to climb. That's right. We went climbing at a local krag. In fact, 2 of us would climb while the other mama watched the kids! How's that for getting in a work out and a play date?

It was pretty cute. I packed in my pack'n'play and put the Peanut in it with some toys. The older babies stared in at him while he stared out at them. At one point, he and a little girl both had their faces just barely over the edge and were staring at each other eye to eye. He also sat in dirt for the first time in his little life and played with it. He is now an official Krag Kiddo!

And yes, the dirt thing bugged me since I'm a bit of a germophobe. It was another mom that put him in the dirt while I was climbing... He was having fun and okay, so I loosened up a tiny bit. It felt like a big stretch, though.

He also stood by himself midair for a couple of seconds twice yesterday! Walking is just around the corner. Give him a couple of months. :)

3 comments:

Diana said...

PICTURES!

Diana said...

i think you will like my post tomorrow. STUFF

Luke Millette said...

Hey

It was so great to hear from you. I wish that I could see the Peanut walking. I'm glad that you sent me a note. Now I can start to read your blog. I'm having trouble figuring out the formatting when I add several pictures, so I am going to have to work on that. Don't forget that I want a copy of your book!