Well, it has been quite a while since I posted on a regular basis. My goal is to post 2-3 times a week. The everyday stuff is too much for me. On a daily basis, my commitments to my family are to take excellent care of my son, to keep our house clean and ready for visitors the majority of the time, to work on writing my book, and to keep up with the weekly critique for my writing critique group. So, even though it is fun to blog, that has been shuffled down to the bottom of my list of priorities.
On to the topic at hand!
Cloth Diapers!!!
Yesterday I took the leap into the world of cloth diapers. It's amazing how many options you have and the many different price points as well. Bottom line, whether you purchase the cheapest cloth diapers or the more expensive kind, you will save money. Especially if you are starting with your first child. If you are on your last child and they still have a year and a half of diaper, the cloth diapers will still save you money!
What kind of cloth diapers did I choose.
Prefolds?
Fitteds?
Contours?
All-in-Twos?
All-in-Ones?
Pocket?
One Size Pocket?
Did you know there were that many types of cloth diapers? I didn't.
So, give up?
I chose the Pocket Diapers.
Just to hedge my bets, I washed half of them yesterday. We used them last night and today. So far I think they are a winner. So much so that I went ahead and washed the rest of them.
For those of you skeptics who are thinking... what about the extra electricity used on the laundry?
It is still cheaper... but I plan to let them dry in the sun. :)
Benefits of cloth diapers
They are cheaper!
They are more environmentally friendly!
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What color? They are cute.
I purchased what the store had in stock which was not as fun as the options on the website. We have light yellow, light blue, and light green. Basically all pastels. We'll use them on our next babies as well. :)
Post a Comment