Welcome to the blog of a rock climbing, home cooking, book loving, travel seeking, adventure oriented, story writing, super blessed, God loving wife and mom.
you should check out this blog. www.thenaturalmommy.com i thought you might like it. Also, check out this book- Babywise? I think that might be the title. :-)
I'll definitely check out the site. That was the book linked by the American Academy of Pediactrics to Failure to Thrive. The guy who wrote it has also been kicked out of two churches and has to self publish because his statistics and information provided on studies etc is not accurate. There is actually a lot of info on him if you are interested... :-) I really appreciate you letting me know the books and sites you hear are good though! I will definitely check out the natural mommy site. It already sounds cool!
With a blog identity like mine, I have some explaining to do.
Reading. I have always loved reading. In fact, I was such a book nerd that once or twice, I was grounded from reading. It was the ultimate punishment!
At about age 8, I read the book Little Women, in one afternoon. It was a world I was sucked into and how I fell in love with Louisa May Alcott's books.
That next summer was a super fun summer. We had a pool and a little pool house that was to become club heaquarters for The Pickwick Club, which was of course inspired by Little Women. Originally the Pickwick Club came from a Charles Dickens novel. But, I happened upon the literary reference in Little Women. My mom being the English teacher who had begun teaching us literary terms like symbolism by the time I was in third grade... was more than ready to foster literary desires and help start the Pickwick Club.
We had a few meetings in the pool house. I couldn't really tell you what they were about, except that I was Augustus Snodgrass because that's who my favorite character in Little Women (Jo March - of course) was in their Pickwick Club. She chose to be Augustus Snodgrass because she was of a literary turn. So that part of the title represents my love for books and writing.
Amy March was Nathaniel Winkle, a character who was always attempting things he wasn't quite ready for... Sometimes, I am a bit like that in that my dreams are so big, it may be a while before I am ready to go at them or figure out how to make them a reality. :-) So that is how A. Snodgrass meets N. Winkle came to be the title of my blog.
4 comments:
you should check out this blog.
www.thenaturalmommy.com
i thought you might like it. Also, check out this book- Babywise?
I think that might be the title. :-)
or maybe not- brianna used the book and it worked for her. I can't remember if it was the one you said was bad? :-)
i am a dork
http://www.thenaturalmommy.com/
this is the site
Diana,
I'll definitely check out the site. That was the book linked by the American Academy of Pediactrics to Failure to Thrive. The guy who wrote it has also been kicked out of two churches and has to self publish because his statistics and information provided on studies etc is not accurate. There is actually a lot of info on him if you are interested... :-) I really appreciate you letting me know the books and sites you hear are good though! I will definitely check out the natural mommy site. It already sounds cool!
Post a Comment