Thursday, February 14, 2008

Mommy Moment

The lights were off and the room was quiet except for the creaking of the rocking chair as I was successfully rocking our little man to sleep. Then I heard and felt a rumble in the jungle. His diaper was now warm and squishy. It was the mother load and I knew I had to act quickly. So, I rushed over to the changing area and began to take off the diaper before there was a “blow out.” (You know… the kind that spills out the sides or shoots up their back.) Whew, it was a close one. He was all grins and I had finished the clean up when he squirted out a little more poop on the changing pad. No problem. I laughed because I should have been prepared for a little extra. Perhaps in my rush, I hadn’t given the little guy enough time to finish his business. I wiped it up and cleaned him up again… only to be sprayed by a seemingly endless fountain. I was blocking with wet wipes. They aren’t absorbent. Then I just tried blocking with my hands… since it was hitting the carpet and my pants leg. When the fountain finally ended and all was cleaned up, the Peanut was wearing a new outfit and I had on a new pair of pants. Oh yeah, he smiled real sweetly while all of this was happening. What could I do? I just smiled back. All in a day’s work. It was a mommy moment.

3 comments:

Diana said...

welcome to the blog world!

Diana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Secret Life of Kat said...

I've definitely had some of those Mommy Moments...

Welcome to blogging!