Friday, February 22, 2008

Home is Where Your Heart is

This sounds all warm and toasty. And it is. It is also very true.

But this is something I am struggling with...

We live in a nice apartment, and we are very blessed.

Sometimes. Nope. Most of the time, I wish we had a house. So we don't hear our neighbors... To be able to paint walls whatever color I want to... To have a backyard with a garden. (I would probably kill the plants, but it is a nice idea.)

It's all so relative. I just finished reading Under the Overpass. I'm really blessed to have doors that lock, all the food I could want, electricity, shelter, music, books, etc. I know this, but then I look at people who have houses and think how much I would love a house. When is enough, enough? What is wrong with me?

I'm asking forgiveness and praying that I would accept God's many blessings with a smile instead of a bad attitude. Do you ever struggle with ingratitude?

2 comments:

Diana said...

um, all the time- an we have a house.
I do not want anything bigger, or nicer furniture, or funny little decorative things, But everybody wants more. It is our sinful heart of not being satisfied with ONLY the Lord. He is our complete satisfaction. So clearly, I am lacking not in things, but in my hearts desire for MORE of the Lord.

A. Snodgrass said...

Good point...