Monday, March 10, 2008

Can I get a word in? :)

So we succumbed to looking at houses again. It is supposed to be a buyer's market. Our real estate agent was referred to us by someone who had recently purchased a home and was pleased with their transaction... We even found a house we wanted to bid on this weekend. Then came paperwork a mile high just to make an offer on the house! I thought it would be a little letter with our offer and then the negotiating would begin... So when we saw the mile of paperwork that we were supposed to sign our life and savings away on, my shoulders became really tense. For some unknown reason my head began to ache ferociously and the real estate agent who talks 99% of the conversation where she asks you questions and then never lets you answer them began to sound like the adults on Peanuts. Wah. Wah. Wah. Wah. Wah. Wah.

So, we didn't sign the paperwork... we'll have to read it first. And now I'm not sure we even want to buy the house because after discussing all the possible economy issues, I feel pretty certain that a recession is in the beginnings and will last 1-2 years. In which case, I don't want to purchase a house and then have the value fall 10-15% if we do have a national recession...

Ahhhh! The stress of trying to be wise with our money. Okay, I will now step off my soap box and spontaneously combust. If no more posts are written, it's been fun while it lasted. :)

1 comment:

Diana said...

STRESSFUL!
I lvoed talking with you this morning. Go check out our snowman!