I love eating Mexican food! However, it isn't known for being the healthiest food on the planet. So in order to make it a little healthier, I came up with my own version of turkey tacos. Voila!
Recipe
1 lb ground turkey (97% fat free)
1 pckg McCormicks Taco Seasoning Mix (30& less sdoium kind)
tostados, shells, whole wheat tortillas, or low carb tortillas (your choice:)
1 onion
Toppings
organic baby spinach leaves
cheese (colby or cheddar)
fresh slicing tomatoes (local or organic)
light sour cream
avocado
Directions:
1. Dice onion and cook with ground turkey and 2 cloves of minced garlic. When meat is cooked, drain if necessary and add taco seasoning mix + recommended water. Let simmer down.
2. Add cooked taco meat to shells and top with your choice of healthy tacos.
It's fast and easy and my family enjoys them!
Friday, March 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
sounds yummy! I will definately try it- we bought TONS of turkey meat!
Post a Comment