Sunday, March 23, 2008

Desperate and Hungry

Today is Easter Sunday. Most of the world questions whether or not it is true. Did Jesus really rise from the dead? Was he really who he said he was?

Today is a day that we as believers should ask, "What if it really was true? What if God came down in the form of man, humbled himself among sinners, and then gave his life to die between thieves so that we could have eternal life with him?"

If that is true, then what does that mean for us? If that is true, then we are called to live in the truth of Easter Sunday, to follow Jesus in His ministry of compassion, to serve God, to love our neighbors...

I'm a sinner seeking balance in my life, in my service to others, and in my relationships. I'm desperate and hungry for Christ to be the center of my life, to love more deeply, to serve better so that others might know Him. Even though I am not in a comfortable place, I am grateful that I know how much I need Jesus.

Mother Theresa made it very simple to look at how we live life in the truth of Easter Sunday with the following 3 questions. Lift up your hands and ask yourself:

What have these hands done to Jesus, for Jesus, and with Jesus today?

No comments: