So, last night I read this book, Sister Chicks in Gondolas by Robin Gunn. The funny thing is I would have never read that book had I not read Annie Downs blog saying how much she liked this author. So I thought I 'd give her a shot.
The book is Christian fiction about two women in their 50s from Dallas. Sue and Jenna share more than a week long adventure in Venice. They share healing, laughter, and compassion. They learn about service and being hospitable. Most importantly, they learn that sometimes the important thing is just showing up and letting the Lord do the rest.
This book was an enjoyable, easy read. I'd give it 8 out of 10 stars. Sometimes I found the plot to be a bit simple or forced. Overall though it was a good book. This will not be the last Sisterchicks book I will read. :) I'd recommend it for someone who wants an easy lighthearted Christian read.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You should absolutely read the rest of the series. I love Robin Jones Gunn. I have even read through her teen fiction (the Christy Miller and Sierra Jensen series). Good stuff!
Post a Comment