Friday, April 25, 2008

Going Green - Non-toxic Cleaning



No, this is not an advertisement. This is just my personal opinion...

Baking soda is my new best cleaning friend. It is truly amazing. So far, I have added it to loads of laundry, the dishwasher(prerinse spot), and used it to scrub stains off of sinks, bathtubs, and countertops. The great thing about it is that there are not any fumes and it is non-toxic. It is also "green," and oh so much cheaper than all those "green" products pre-made for you at the store.

I started trying this product when my son was born, because I started realizing how strong the fumes were from cleaning products even Simple Green. My next goal in using and making green products is to make my own powdered laundry detergent. I'll let you know how it turns out. It should also be way cheaper than the stuff I purchase now!

Go ahead, give baking soda a try. Easy fume-free cleaning... you'll never go back.

No comments: