Thursday, April 3, 2008

My Little Multi-Tasker

 
Skills. My kid has skills. Notice that not only does he have both his hands on different toys, but he also has one foot on the other toy that would be left swinging lonely while its counterparts were getting attention, well, that is if it weren't for my multi-tasking son.

At 5 months he can tripod, somewhat crawl (slowly thank goodness), and is very alert and coordinated. He doesn't stop until he drops. We enjoyed dinner with some friends the other night and one of them has a 2.5 year old. We asked if he was as active as the Peanut. (They love out of town.) His response was kinda funny. "I'm just gonna come out and say it. After watching your kid, mine's lethargic!"

I share all this to say that I absolutely love the Peanut. I'm playing with him all day. When he naps, due to the fact that he is a light sleeper and we live in 1,000 square feet, I am overly cautious and get little cleaning done. I need to be a better steward of my time. While I don't regret playing with him so much and will never regret the time I spend with him, I wonder if other mommies have similar struggles balancing cleaning and playing or if it is just me.

Help! Any suggestions on schedules or routines? As long as they don't involve getting up earlier than my child. :) I haven't slept more than 3 hours straight 10 times in the past 5 months. This is where I beg for a future Parenting University Topic to be schedules or routines with babies and cleaning etc. :) Yes, I am shamelessly begging. If you wonder where to find this jewel of a blogging topic, check out The Secret Life of Kat on Thursdays.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

brickmomma said...

SLEEP WHEN YOUR BABY SLEEPS!!

Seriously! Mine are 5,4 and 1 and I still nap many afternoons. Our house is a bit bigger, but I am also in fear of waking one of them up whenever I get all three down at once. Which actually happens pretty regularly.

As long as there aren't sanitary issues, you enjoy your time with Peanut!! Lots of Mommas can't seem to let go and let some of the cleanliness standards slide a bit. I am thankful I am not a neat freak though my husband may sometimes wish me more of one....

Get you rest. Get your lovin. There will be time enough to mop later!

A. Snodgrass said...

Brickmomma,

Thanks for the advice. :) It's hard to know when I expect too much of myself or not. I'm a newbie.

Unknown said...

I remember when my son was small, I used to feel guilty when he'd sleep and I'd sleep with him. But you shouldn't feel that way. Being a new mom takes alot of adapting and that takes time. You'll come into your own schedule automatically as time goes on. Just do what you can right now and what you can't do, can wait.

A. Snodgrass said...

R.L.
Thanks for the encouragement. :)