There was a young man walking past a quarry and he saw 2 workers breaking up large rocks. One seemed disgruntled and the others one was whistling with a smile on his face. He wondered what the two men were doing and why there was such a difference in their demeanor. He went up to the disgruntled gentleman and asked, "Excuse me, sir. What are you doing?" The disgruntled man said, "I'm breaking up big rocks into small ones. What does it look like I'm doing?" The young man excused himself and walked over to the man with the smile. He asked the gentleman, "Excuse me, sir. What are you doing?" The gentleman stopped for a second still smiling, and said to the young man, "Well, son. I'm building a cathedral."
My husband told me this story last night when discussing perception, value, and disconnects between people and their vocations. Immediately, I thought that my husband and child are my "cathedrals" and I'm building them one playtime activity, one hug, one kiss, one smile, one prayer, and one dish at a time.
Building any cathedrals? Tell me about it. :-)
2 comments:
I'm building a cathedral too. His name is Ramel and he's my only son! It's been just him and I since 2001 when I got divorced. He's been my rock. It's amazing how strong kids can be. Without him, I would have crumbled many times. God knew that. That's why he sent him to me. Thank you Lord for my son!
It sounds like you are building your cathedral the way a cathedral should be built - with the Lord in the picture. Blessings to you and Ramel.
Post a Comment